Sunday, November 13, 2011

Nutella Mug Cake


I found out about mug cakes aka cakes baked in mugs a while ago. I was and am still intrigued by it. Don't you think it's so fun to be able to bake a cake in a mug? Definitely sounds fun to me! So it's a bit strange that I didn't try it earlier as it's super easy, very quick and I'll be able to get my endorphins fix in no time at all.

What do you know, I *finally* made it and the results is such a Hurray! I know i'm going to keep making it.

Cake mixture in the mug before baking:


Baked in microwave on high power for 1 and 1/2 mins:


Tadaaa! Oooey Gooeey Yummy, It's Ready!


So easy and so quick! Chocolatey and Rich!


The mug that I used was a little small, resulting in the 'chocolate explosion' above, but I still thought it looked appetizing with an artistic flair on the mug. Hahah! Bcos' baking is an art, isn't it? And so is cooking. :)

The husband who doesn't have quite a sweet tooth like I do, enjoyed it too. :)

Recipe's adapted from Family Kitchen

Ingredients:
4 tbsps all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
4 tbsps castor sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsps cocoa powder
3 tbsps nutella
3 tbsps vegetable oil
3 tbsps chocolate milk
(it was more than 3 tbsps of milk for mine cos' I accidentally poured a lot more than 3)

Mix everything together in a large mug till smooth. Then bake in your microwave on high power for 1 and 1/2 minutes. The baking time depends on your microwave, you may need to increase it if needed. If yes, increase by 30secs duration.

Now, go and have ur endorphin-fix, the very nutella and chocolatey way.

The way I love it. :)

2 comments:

  1. hi hi foodieFc, thanks for dropping by! it IS interesting isn't it! and so easy too! easy and instant way to hv one's chocolate fix. :)

    ReplyDelete