Sunday, November 13, 2011

Mee Goreng Basah




I have a few comfort food, comfort to my soul and comfort as it should be easy to whip up in the comfort of my kitchen with ingredients that are already in my fridge.

Mee goreng basah is one of them. I like it basah (wet) compared to the dry ones.


Ingredients:
500g of yellow noodles (usually 1 packet sold =500gm)
2 garlics crushed
3 shallots crushed
2 tbsps of blended chilli paste
6-7tbsps of chilli sauce ( approximate amount as I agak2 for mine;poured the sauce straight out of the bottle and into the wok)
6-7tbsps of tomato sauce ( approximate amount as I agak2 for mine;poured the sauce straight out of the bottle and into the wok)
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tbsp of sweet soya sauce (kicap manis, I used kicap cap kipas udang)
sliced beef - beef has first been boiled in water till tender and the beef stock is used in the recipe too.
Slices of fish balls or fish cakes
Vegetables (chye sim/broccoli/bean sprouts, etc)
3/4 cup of beef stock


Optional:
If not using any beef stock, can add 1/2 chicken cube.

Fry crushed garlics and shallots till fragrant. Add the blended chilli paste and fry till fragrant. Add the slices of beef, sauces, beef stock and let it boil for a while. Add vegetables, noodles and mix everything thoroughly. Cook with low fire for 5-8mins thereabout. Add more water if you think it's a little dry.


Served with fried shallots, quartered fresh tomatoes and fried chicken, yum. :)


4 comments:

  1. This looks good! Aku tengah mengidam mee goreng melayu style. The recipe i've been using requires air rebusan udang but i'm not too keen on seafood now. This is perfect!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to share! I like this recipe a lot too, vary the sauces according to ur taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was awesome! I used linguine instead n replaced sliced meat for minced meat. Also used the pasta water to make the dish "wet" and garnished with parsley. It was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sue, u used linguine? that's interesting, i may want to give it a go too. glad you like this recipe! it's my favourite mee goreng recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete