Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheese Biscuits

I do have occasional bake days with the little boy.

He has thus far baked muffins, which surprisingly survived his over-enthusiastic stirring, brownies and cheese biscuits.

I have a few cheese biscuits recipes in my recipe file and after comparing the few that I have, I thought the following was the easiest. As long as there is not a need to use my electric mixer is considered fuss-free and easy.

And so, the following was the recipe used for 1 of the little boy's bake days with mummy.

Ingredients :
250g plain flour
125g butter softened to room temperature
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 egg yolk

1 egg yolk for brushing the biscuits and 1/4 cup of cheese for the topping

METHOD
1.Combine flour, butter, 1 egg yolk and 1/2 cup of cheese together, mix and knead to become dough. The pastry will turn out soft.

2.Refrigerate the pastry for half an hour. Roll out and cut with cookie cutter.

3.Brush the cookies with egg yolk and sprinkle some cheese on top.

4. Bake at 180C for 15mins or till golden brown.


I am a boy and I am 3-years old. :)

The cookie cutters that we used to motivate him to bake.

Did he enjoy it? Tremendously.

And no, there wasn't much mess to be cleaned up too, thank God for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment