Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BBQ Meatballs

I've wanted to try making meatballs for the longest time and I did these recently.
The verdict: They were a hit with the hubster and the little one.
Maybe because they are males and males love anything-meat, the carnivorous that they are.

But hey, I love them too so I guess they are a winner (regardless to the XX or XY)!

The meatballs, baked in the oven were very soft and I like how the flavours infused into the meatballs.
These were made using minced beef. I'd like to try mixing minced beef and minced chicken next time.



The recipe is adapted from here

Ingredients:

2lbs ground beef

1 and ½ cup cracker crumbs (I used Ritz Crackers)

I T. mustard ( I used Dijon mustard)

2 medium red onions chopped

3 eggs lightly beaten

¼ to ½ cup of milk

Salt

Black Pepper

Ingredients For the Sauce:

1 cup of ketchup

½ cup brown sugar

1 and ½ tsp dijon mustard

Mix meat, cracker crumbs, mustard, onions, eggs, milk, black pepper, salt . Made into as many big or small balls that you like. I made mine into 15 large balls. I waited out for 2 hours, hoping the flavours would infuse into the meat and then I baked them at 180deg C for 45 minutes.

Fyi, dijon mustard has a stronger flavour and complements meat very well.

For the sauce, mix together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.

Then spread the sauce over the meatballs and baked again for another 5 to 10 minutes.


As the sauce was a little sweet for my tastebud, the next time I baked these, I’d reduce the brown sugar to 1/4cup or even lesser as brown sugar is sweeter than white sugar.

Overall, it was still great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment