Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fudge Brownie

It's still the first week of 2011, hope it isn't too late to wish one and all, a great 2011!

And for me, what better way to start the year with some desserts, hoping 2011 will be a sweet year ahead... :)

A dessert that I can never resist is almost always brownie, anything brownie. If I see a brownie in a menu, I'd be quick to order it. It's also very easy to bake, one of the quick-fixes that I'd usually bake for myself.

Here's my fudge brownie, to usher in 2011:


Recipe is adapted from here

Ingredients:
140g unsalted butter at room temperature
200g dark eating chocolate - I used Old Gold Dark Chocolate with Roasted Almonds
85g all purpose flour - sifted
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla essence
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk at room temperature - to beat lightly
3/4 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 180deg C and grease a square pan or rectangular pan. I used a square pan.
1. Melt chopped butter and chocolate in saucepan and let it cool slightly
2. Then add in vanilla essence, sugar, egg, flour and chocolate chips. Mix everything together.
3. Then pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-35minutes until the toothpick comes out moist.
4. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or cut into small rectangular pieces.


I've only used 1/2 cup of brown sugar so that it won't be too sweet. It is indeed packed with an intense chocolate flavour even though I used only 1 type of chocolate. It's also dense but very moist still. Very yummy when topped with Vanilla ice cream.

I've also added chocolate chips to the recipe. The choc chips used become the 'mini molten lava' within the baked brownie, so do not compromise on the chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment