Friday, December 3, 2010

Grilled Drumlets


I like using my oven a lot, whether baking cakes, cookies or grilling meat.

The chicken is our favourite poultry at home. Chicken curry, grilled chicken, sambal chicken, fried chicken, u name it, we love it.

For grilling chicken, I prefer to use drumlets than the wings. Wings are almost always reserved for frying.



This is another simple grilling recipe that I've been using, but it's based on agar-ration.

Ingredients:

Tomato Sauce/ketchup
Chilli Sauce (Lingham chilli sauce is my fav brand)
Honey
Dried oregano
Black Pepper
Salt

Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Mix all the above and marinate the drumlets. I waited 5 hours before grilling the chicken. U can also marinate overnight.

Grill for 20 minutes and then turn over and grill for another 5-10minutes.

I like to dry roast my black pepper first and then crushed it with pestle&mortar for the aroma. Wonderful wonderful indeed!

Oregano helps to enchance tomato or spicy dishes. I used mexican oregano which has a stronger flavor so I have to be careful not to go overboard or it'll be too overpowering.

This is another simple recipe, a bit of agar-ration required depending on the taste that you'd like it to be, more tomato or more honey or go crazy and load on the black pepper. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment